Announcing 2019 Fall Cultural Sustainability Institute Workshops from the Vermont Folklife Center! Oral History and Audio Stories: An Introduction (St. Johnsbury, VT) Nov. 9, 2019 www.vermontfolklifecenter.org/events/oral-history-and-audio-stories-introduction Intro to Audio Storytelling: Editing Basics (Brattleboro, VT) Nov. 16, 2019 www.vermontfolklifecenter.org/events/introduction-to-audio-storytelling-editing-basics Oral History: An Introduction (Burlington, VT) Nov. 23, 2019 www.vermontfolklifecenter.org/events/oral-history-an-introduction-ccs-mpnhd Storytelling for Community-Based Projects (Burlington, VT) Dec. 7, 2019 www.vermontfolklifecenter.org/events/storytelling-for-community-based-project
Related upcoming events
2021-04-30 - 2021-05-01 All day
by Melissa Ziobro
**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FEBRUARY 15**
After canceling our 2020 conference, we at Oral History in the Mid-Atlantic Region (OHMAR) are excited to present our 2021 call for papers!￼
Some virtual conference highlights:
- Friday, April 30 (business meeting, keynote, and all presentations) and Saturday, May 1 (remote interviewing workshop)
- Our theme is “Oral History in Times of Crisis.”
- Papers, panels, and posters need not be related to this theme in order to be considered.
- Submissions on all topics related to the Mid-Atlantic region or by oral historians in the Mid-Atlantic region are welcome.
- Conference registration fees will be as follows:
Individual, $35 (includes one-year membership in OHMAR*)
Student, $20 (includes one-year membership in OHMAR*)
Guest, $10 (no membership included)
*For more on membership tiers, see our website. OHMAR is run by an all-volunteer board. Membership fees help cover operational costs and our Martha Ross Prize, awarded annually to an undergraduate or graduate student creating original work in oral history.
Full CFP here:
We hope to see you all (virtually) in the Spring!